Easy laksa noodle soup
This is a recipe for a real Malaysian restaurant quality laksa made by sprucing up store bought laksa paste! You can't just dump store bought laksa paste into coconut broth!
- 2 cups chicken stock broth ( ml)
- 1 Cup water ( ml)
- 3 chicken drumsticks
- 11⁄2 tablespoon oil
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2.8 cm piece of ginger(finely grated)
- 1 lemongrass(white part grated)
- 2 birds eye chillis
- 3 finely chopped
- 4 Cup laksa paste (Note (g)
- 5 oz g can coconut milk Note
- 2 teaspoon fish sauce (sub soy)
- 50 oz g vermicelli noodles (dried)
- 100 oz g hokkien noodles optional
- 80 oz g bean sprouts
- 80 oz g tofu puffs
- 8 LAKSA CHILLI SAUCE
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar white
- 11⁄2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 clove garlic (minced)
- 4 teaspoon Laksa paste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon chilli paste from jar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil (any plain oil)
- Fresh coriander cilantro (recommended)
- Lime wedges (recommended)
- Crispy fried shallots
- Finely sliced red chilli
Place Chicken Stock ingredients in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to simmer, then reduce to medium high.
Cook for 25 minutes or until chicken flesh is falling off the bone and liquid reduces by about 1/3.
Discard skin, pull flesh off the bone and place in bowl, discard bone. Set broth aside.
LAKSA CHILLI SAUCE
Mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes.
Heat oil in a large saucepan or small pot over medium low heat. Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 20 seconds, then add lemongrass and chillis. Cook for 1 minute.
Add laksa paste. Turn heat up to medium and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly, or until fragrant.
Add chicken stock, coconut milk, fish sauce and 2 tsp of Laksa Chilli Sauce. Place lid on and simmer on for 10 minutes.Adjust to taste using lime juice (for sour) and fish sauce (for saltiness). Add tofu puffs. Leave on turned off stove with lid on for 5 minutes.
Prepare noodles per packet directions.Divide noodles between 2 bowls. Top with shredded chicken.
Pour broth over chicken. Top with beansprouts. Sprinkle with Garnishes you choose to use. Serve with Laksa Chilli Sauce on the side.