The best salmon patties recipe
These easy salmon patties make a perfect midweek meal, with the help of canned salmon. Green onion, dill, and lemon are mixed in to add bright pops of flavor.
- 1 Cup Panko breadcrumbs (Note for subs)
- 11⁄2 small onion (or large)(grated)
- 1 clove garlic(finely minced)
- 400 oz g/ cooked fresh salmon OR canned red or pink salmon
- 2 shallots scallions green onions(finely sliced)
- 1⁄3 Cup fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon roughly chopped (or dried herbs of choice)
- 2 egg
- 1⁄2 Cup parmesan(grated or shredded)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon EACH salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Oil spray
Preheat oven to 220C/430F standard (200C fan)Place breadcrumbs in a bowl. Grate over onion, including juices. Mix onion into breadcrumbs, ensuring all breadcrumbs are soaked
Add remaining ingredients except salmon. Mix well.Add salmon. Stir through gently, leaving flakes of salmon (rather than vigorously mixing salmon into tiny pieces).
Scoop up 1/4 cup mixture (level, packed standard ice cream scoop, see Video). Form round patties about 1.5 cm/ 2/3" thick and set aside.
Drizzle oil all over tray. Place in oven for 2 minutes until hot - oil will spread over tray. Tilt tray to spread if needed.
Place patties on tray - DO NOT press down (makes them stick on tray). Spray surface with oil spray.
Bake 15 minutes. Flip, spray surface with oil spray, bake 5 minutes.
Serve with sour cream or yoghurt on the side for dipping / dolloping, and extra fresh dill if desired.I served mine with cauliflower puree and Yoghurt Slaw - healthy side options!