The original and most delicious hummus recipe
Hummus is one of the most popular recipes around the world, originating in Eastern Mediterranean cultures. It is ideal for snacking or accompanying salads and vegetables. The traditional and original hummus recipe (chickpea hummus) is unbeatable.
- 300 gr boiled chickpeas
- 100 gr tahini sauce
- 50 gr Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 50 ml lemon juice
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- black pepper
- smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 30 ml hot water
1. Insert the well-drained chickpeas into a blender.
2. Add the lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil and tahini sauce.
3. Also, add the smashed clove, salt, pepper and cumin powder.
4. Then, start blending.
5. If the mixture is too thick or lumpy, add a little oil and continue blending.
6. Gradually add a little water and blend until the mixture is creamy and foamy.
7. Wash and dry a sprig of parsley and chop it.
8. Serve the hummus and sprinkle with a pinch of chopped parsley, some paprika, a little pepper and a dash of extra virgin olive oil.
9. The chickpea hummus is ready! Serve as an appetizer with toasted bread, celery sticks or mini carrots. It can be stored in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.