Homemade Chicken Chipotle Burrito Bowl Recipe
The bowls are loaded with juicy chipotle seasoned chicken over a bed of cilantro lime rice and topped with avocado, corn, cheese and sour cream.
The recipe can be found in this article
Learn how to store avocados and enjoy them fresh in salads, in a burrito or sushi bowl.
- 1⁄2 Cup white rice(uncooked)
- 1 teaspoon lime juice(for rice)-optional
- 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro(for rice)-optional
- 1 Cup sweet corn
- 3⁄4 lb chicken thighs(boneless skinless)
- 1 tablespoon oil
- romaine lettuce(chopped)
- 1⁄3 Cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon small red onion(chopped)
- 1⁄2 Cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 Cup Shredded cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground paprika
Cook white rice. Drain and drizzle with lime (or lemon) juice and chopped cilantro, set aside.Meanwhile, combine all the ingredients for the chicken seasoning.
Season the chicken thigh on all sides. In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil. Once hot, cook the chicken thighs until fully cooked, flipping halfway through cooking. Cover chicken to keep warm.
In a skillet, saute corn with 1 Tbsp butter (or leave the corn cold).
Prepare all the desired toppings. Cube the chicken thighs.
In a bowl, add the rice, chicken and top with desired toppings.