Healthy pad see ew recipe
How to make the BEST Pad See Ew at home! The secret? The right sauce, for one. And secondly, cooking the noodles separately to get some nice caramelisation on them before adding the cooked chicken and vegetables back in
- 200 ozg dried wide rice stick noodles
- 1 ozg fresh wide flat rice noodles (Sen Yai)
- 2 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoon soy sauce all purpose or light
- 2 teaspoon white vinegar (plain white vinegar)
- 2 teaspoon sugar (any type)
- 2 tablespoon water
- 3 tablespoon peanut or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic cloves (very finely chopped)
- 1 Cup chicken thighs boneless (sliced)
- 1 large Egg
- 4 stems Chinese broccoli
Chinese Broccoli – trim ends, cut into 7.5cm/3" pieces. Separate leaves from stems. Cut thick stems in half vertically so they're no wider than 0.8cm / 0.3" thick.
Noodles – Prepare according to packet directions and drain. Time it so they’re cooked just before using – do not leave cooked rice noodles lying around, they break in the wok.
Sauce – Mix ingredients until sugar dissolves.
Heat oil: Heat 1 tbsp oil in a very large heavy based skillet or wok over high heat.Cook garlic and chicken: Add garlic, cook 15 seconds. Add chicken, cook until it mostly changes from pink to white.
Add Chinese broccoli stems, cook until chicken is almost cooked through. Add Chinese broccoli leaves, cook until just wilted.
Scramble egg: Push everything to one side, crack egg in and scramble.
REMOVE chicken from wok: Remove everything in the wok onto a plate (scrape wok clean).
Return wok to stove, heat 2 tbsp oil over high heat until it starts smoking (HOT is key!). Add noodles and Sauce. Toss as few times as possible to disperse Sauce and make edges of noodles caramelise – about 1 to 1 1/2 minutes.
Quickly add chicken and veg back in, and toss to disperse. Serve immediately!