Quick & Easy Sautéed Broccolini Recipe
It brings just enough flavor without overpowering the taste of the vegetable. As the title says, it’s quick and easy to make. In less than 15 minutes you have yourself a flavorful and elegant side dish to serve along with your main course.
- 6 ounces broccolini (ends slightly cut)
- sea salt for water
- 2 tablespoon butter (substitute olive oil) tips tricks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 2 cloves large garlic (pressed)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice tips tricks
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (I always use mixed peppercorns)
Blanch the broccolini in a large pot of boiling salted water for 2 minutes.
Drain immediately in a colander before immersing in an ice bath to stop the cooking process; leave it for 2 minutes.
Re-transfer to the colander to drain; set aside.
In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add lemon zest and pressed garlic; stir constantly for 1 minute. Pour in lemon juice, stir to blend before adding the broccolini; toss to coat.
Crack on some freshly ground black pepper and toss until heated through, about 1 ½ minutes. Serve immediately